Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spin that Kid!

A few weeks ago we had an ultrasound that showed us that baby C was breech! I immediately doubled up on the exercises that our instructor had shared with us, and cut my "reclining" time down a lot (which was hard, because I'm a huge reader and love to lay back and dig in to a good book!). From what my wonderful chiropractor has said, little C seems to be in the correct position now - and we'll find out Monday since we have another appointment - but I'm still doing those exercises religiously!

Interestingly, I've spoken to a few other music teachers like myself and several of them have said that their babies were breech, too. My theory is that we're singing so much every day that the little guys can't help themselves and they just want to be near our voices. So until I stop singing so much, I've been browsing this site, too, and wanted to share it.

It's called Spinning Babies and although I don't love the layout of the website, as it opens a new window every time you click on a link, I do love the content. Ever wonder what an occiput posterior baby was? How can maternal positioning help your labor? Is your baby's body really too big to fit through your pelvis? Check out this great site, and even if you think your baby plans to stay in the head-down position, there's plenty to learn about here!



No comments:

Post a Comment